In support of its mission to encourage the prevention of crime, The Edina Crime Prevention Fund (Fund) annually will award scholarships to high school seniors who are enrolled in an eligible post-secondary educational institution and who demonstrate an interest in a career in law enforcement.
- The Fund will award up to three $1,500 scholarships at the discretion of the Edina Crime Prevention Fund Board of Directors.
- Applicants must be high school seniors who are 1) residents of Edina, Minnesota, 2) students at the Edina High School (EHS), or 3) members of the Edina/Eden Prairie Explorer Post 925.
- As an alternative, EHS students may apply for the scholarship through the EHS Scholarship Program.
- Applicants must be accepted by an eligible university, college, community college or vocational/technical institute by the time of scholarship award.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic responsibility and strong school and community citizenship.
- Applicant must have minimum GPA of 3.0 at time of application.
- Applicants must submit a letter of interest to the Fund that includes:
- Applicant name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Brief biography
- Current GPA
- Career goals and interests
- Description of community service and/or voluntarism
- Description of interest in law enforcement and why applicant should be recipient of Fund scholarship.
All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application in May of 2023. Scholarships will be awarded by late May 2023 and scholarship checks will be sent directly to an award winner’s post-secondary educational institution.
The Fund reserves the right to accept or deny applications based on available funding and/or lack of applicant qualification in the sole judgment of the Fund.
Applications must be completed and received no later than March 30, 2023.
Applications should be sent to:
The Edina Crime Prevention Fund
4801 West 50th Street
Edina, Minnesota 55424